Saturday, June 17, 2006

 

Buying Electronics

For electronics and household goods, Switzerland is a relatively cheap country in Europe. Probably because of lower VAT rates, you get good deals. Keep an eye on Mediamarkt’s promotions. I found the best deals there. Manor also gives radical discounts from time to time. Migros (M-electronics) deals can be noteworthy too. I bought a laptop for instance. The price was good but more importantly it came with two years of warranty.
Two big chains, interdiscount and Fust try to give an impression that everything they sell is on sale, but this is hardly the case. Dell is of course a price leader of online world.
To find really good electronics deals you should go to smaller shops or choose online shopping. For that you can check http://www.toppreise.ch/. It is a good price comparison website. However I never purchased anything from the small shops listed there yet. I am a very strong believer of e-commerce. But it obviously requires caution. For instance Teri, a user from families-in-Zurich group recently posted the following: (I replaced the name with xyz)
posted last week that the on line electronics company xyz.ch
refuses to refund my money for a digital camera that I ordered on June 14th. I have sent them numerous emails saying that i am leaving today for 6 weeks. I have said that i needed the camera that their internet site claimed was in stock at the time of ordering the last two weekends for world cup games and for my summer vacation that i am leaving for today. I have made it clear to them that i will not even be here when the camera arrives and it will be returned anyway.

xyz.ch has ignored my emails, phone calls and my money is still not back in my account.


I feel like they have stolen my money. Do consumers have no rights in this country? the law says i can return anything to an commercial establishment within 5 business days for a full refund.

What can i do? Does anyone have any advice how i can get my 450 francs back? I prepaid into their account. I will NEVER do this again for anything.

Does anyone have any advice on how i can get my money back? I would appreciate tremendously any help or insight that anyone can offer.

Teri,
A very frustrated consumer!

Comments:
Purchasing memory is such a time consuming process... You have to Google prices, sort through which ones are legit, go out to a bunch of shops,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then hope that the price doesn't fall in the next two weeks or so.

I've been done in by some ridiculous price drops in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD for my R4 gaming flash card at what I thought was a bargain price, only to later see that it had dropped $5 in a week.

(Posted on NetPostv2 for R4i Nintendo DS.)
 
Buy electronics online is very safe now.
 
Heftig! Da bin ich ja froh dass ich mein Leasing ohne Anzahlung gefunden habe. https://www.gute-rate.de/

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?