Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

First words...


I have been assigned to Zurich 6 months ago and I quickly realized you need help to live better in this city. (You should read the sad tone in ETH students writings)
Locals of Switerland -including seasoned 'guest workers'- think that they have a "system" and they are happy with it. Paying huge sums for a few simple drinks then going miles to enjoy a 10% discount don't bother them. So it is advised to learn and adapt to it. (I must admit, I like the "system" today more then I did in early days, it works)

Here I'll try to share what I learned. I should say, claiming Zurich has the highest living standards in the World is possible, as it is a wonderful city, but this joy comes at a price. Also, as Mercer points out quality of life is different than quality of living and the former is up to you.

I am Turkish and English is not my native language. But at Paradeplatz, where I work, I hear English more often than any other language. So I opted to use "the most common language of the web" for this blog.

Lets see..

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?